Visa Requirements to Study English in London

Every year, thousands of foreigners arrive in London to study English. According to the website GCPUK, London has over 100.000 international students, the largest number of any city worldwide. London gets 24% of all international students studying in the UK. In addition, it gets prestigious universities which attract a large quantity of international students.

The UKBA (UK Border Agency) website states that if you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, a British overseas territories citizen or you are a Commonwealth citizen you don’t need a visa to study in UK.

However, if you don’t belong to any of these categories and you come from another country, you may be able to study in the UK  by applying under Tier 4 (General) as an adult student depending on your nationality and circumstances. The Tier 4 (General) category is for adult students who want to come to or remain in the UK. You can check on related links session below to learn more about Tier 4 and other visas.

Visa requirements in UK are very strict and you have to be very careful with any school that doesn’t advise you about it. They are not working according the UK laws, which could be harmful for you.

Related links:


Tags: , , , , , , , ,

About TLS Group

We're here to give you valuable information on TLS Group products and services, as well as entertain you with London-related or interesting info ;)

Trackbacks / Pingbacks

  1. Study hard, play hard(er)? | TLS Group - April 14, 2014

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: